2.16.2010

San Diego Weekend Recap

So I got to head back to San Diego this weekend and man was it awesome. Giant shoutout to all of my friends who made this weekend so much fun. It was a much-needed break from reality and with a major two weeks at work coming up, it was the perfect way to recharge my batteries.

Thursday
Most know this but my flight was delayed three hours so I didn't leave Sacramento till about 9:30. So much for getting to have a burger and a beer at Hodad's with Kristin and Julie. By the time I got to San Diego, got my bag and got picked up it was almost midnight. Shoutout to Kristin for letting me stay at her place Thursday night.

Friday
Drove to the ole stomping grounds aka CBS College Sports with Kristin and got to visit with everyone and see the new renovations to the building. I did not take any requests or Gametracker phone calls but nice try. Lunch at Pizza Port in Carlsbad with a few people from the office. Got my beach fix in. Dinner later with Julie then it was off to the bars. Tried a new place called Blind Lady Ale House which was really cool but last call is at 11:15 which I did not see coming. Good thing there was an Irish pub with a band next door. The place was small but the carbombs were delicious. Ha just kidding I only did one. But it was delicious. I'd like to go back to the Blind Lady place for sure but maybe not on a Friday night. Phil says it'd be good for a lazy Sunday afternoon so next time it is on.

Saturday
Kristin had a shindig at her place in PB - beer, finger foods, cornhole, the worst slam dunk contest in recent memory. It was a beautiful day out and we took full advantage. After that we hit up the Taproom which also had an 11:30 last call. What is the deal San Diego bars? We are not going there again on Saturday night. After much debate about where to go next, we ended up parting ways.

Sunday
Met Pepino for lunch at Islands - I had to get my San Diego cheeseburger fix in after all. Then visited some more friends before going to the airport to head back to Sacramento.

All in all, it really was a fantastic weekend. Look for me to be down there a lot this summer. Surprise NMR appearance? Could be awesome...

Oh and I don't have any pictures because somehow I think my camera lost them. I am currently working on salvaging them but I think it might be a lost cause. So frustrating. Maybe when I get my new computer next month this won't keep happening. (You should really click on that link.)

No comments:

Post a Comment