3.10.2011

Can We Get Some Music In Here Please?

I have a decent 20-minute commute back and forth to work every day, which means lots of radio time.  Which also means that I have discovered just how awful the music out there is today.  And I'm into some pretty bad music.  I mean, have you seen how many Glee songs I have in my iTunes playlist?

All I'm saying is I'm getting tired of hearing Bruno Mars, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift and Rihanna on repeat on the 10 or so presets I have on my radio. Bruno Mars' newest song is about how he wants to be lazy and do nothing all day long. It has the word "Snuggie" in it. I can't even make this up.

So the following list has been compiled of artists that need to come out with new music so that I don't get carpal tunnel in my pointer finger from pressing the radio preset buttons 108 times during my 20 minute drive:

1. Kelly Clarkson - The last album from the original American Idol was "All I Ever Wanted" which came out in March of 2009. It was a fantastic album and I miss me some Kelly Clarkson. Most recently, she's done a few duets, namely with country stars Reba McIntire and Jason Aldean and the songs she's been on have also been pretty fantastic. Not that I want her to go to a pure country route anytime soon, but hearing her back on the radio made me pretty nostalgic.  Well imagine my surprise when I saw on her Twitter (yes I follow her) that she is completing her final song on the new album which will be released within the next month!  Super pumped to hear what she comes out with next.

2. Justin Timberlake - Everything JT touches turns to gold, but it's time for him to stop acting and dueting and get back to the studio to put out his own album.  Futuresex/Lovesounds came out when I was living in PULLMAN for crying out loud.  Stop voicing the animated booger on The Cleveland Show and start bringing sexy back because if anybody can bring sexy back twice in less than 5 years, it's Justin Timberlake. Not sure how valid these rumors are, but apparently he is dropping a new album this year. Don't mess with my emotions JT.  Also you should tweet more.

3. Josh Kelley - SO excited that Josh Kelley's newest CD is coming out March 22.  Even though he's married to Katherine Heigl and I think she's awful, he is a fantastic singer and his lyrics are always amazing.  He recently came out with Georgia Clay, which has been getting some play on the country charts and it's been a really easy transition for him.  Although his stuff doesn't get played on mainstream radio that often, it will be nice to have a new album from him to listen to at work.

4. David Cook - This isn't going to be a very popular choice, mainly because most of you readers out there have no clue who this is.  David Cook won American Idol in season seven and his debut album is still a fave of mine. He's got a great voice and puts a lot of emotion into everything he sings. Apparently he's working on his second album now and it should also becoming out this year.  In the meantime, he did a cover song of "Don't You Forget About Me" aka The Breakfast Club song and apparently this is going to be the send off song every time an American Idol contestant gets eliminated this year.  I guess we'll find out tonight if that's true. Not gonna lie, I didn't like the preview I heard on iTunes but I still think his next album will be legit.

5. John Mayer - So John Mayer's last album came out in 2009 so I guess it's too soon for another one. Maybe that means the radio can just start playing more of him and less of everyone else?

Good news: most of my list should have new stuff coming out this year.  Bad news: I still have to hear about Bruno Mars wanting to catch a grenade for me.

1 comment:

  1. My ringtone is a Josh Kelley song. It's called, "Hey Katie"

    ReplyDelete