2.07.2011

Movie Reviews

Time for some LTD movie reviews...

X-Men Origins: Wolverine
I don't care what anybody says, I love the X-Men series of movies. In X-Men 2, when Jean dies (oops, sorry if that's a spoiler for anyone), they show Scott crying and Wolverine so upset because he secretly loved her and I get emotional too. I can't handle it when guys cry. Hugh Jackman as Wolverine is an amazing character and I think he plays the role so perfectly. This movie was full of action and the awesome mutant special effects typical of the other X-Men movies that have been made. You also see previews of other X-Men characters which James helped to explain to me so shoutout to him. Overall, love all of these movies and this one was great too. Two thumbs up.


Up in the Air
This movie was fantastic. George Clooney plays a guy who works for a company that gets hired to fire people and he spends the majority of his year flying to different locations doing his work. I don't want to say too much else and give anything away, but if you haven't seen this one yet do yourself a favor. It's humorous and sweet in some places and serious and emotional in others and the relationships. Great casting, great story, pick this one up right away. Two thumbs up.


Away We Go
Another rave review from LTD, this movie, though probably not very well known, was awesome. Jim from The Office and Maya Rudolph from SNL play a couple who get pregnant unexpectedly and go on a search to find the perfect place to live and raise their child. Along the way they meet an incredibly hilarious cast of characters, including Maggie Gyllenhaal as an over the top hippie who refuses to buy strollers for her kids. Jim from The Office and Maya Rudolph have great chemistry together and it was great to see Maya Rudolph in a more serious role than what we're used to seeing. The script is witty and clever, yet also emotionally engaging throughout. Love, love, love this movie! Two thumbs up.


Gossip Girl, Seasons 1 and 2
I'm through two seasons of Gossip Girl and this show is pretty good, not gonna lie. I'm not really going to go on and on about it but I'm entertained and I even find myself pulling for a few characters. Blake Lively is too pretty though. I mean honestly, share the wealth girl. Excited to see what season 3 has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment