8.25.2011

Kindle Review: Bossypants by Tina Fey

Bossypants
Author: Tina Fey

In her autobiography, Tina Fey outlines her humble beginnings in Pennsylvania, her improv days in Chicago, moving up the ranks of SNL and the creation of 30 Rock.

I have no concept of page numbers when reading books on my Kindle but I definitely flew through this one and I think that's more due to the fact that this book is so witty, clever and genuine than the fact that it's short and sweet.

I had no idea just how amazingly talented and successful Tina Fey is and the part that impresses me the most is that she is so matter-of-fact about everything. There isn't some big bad secret to being a good boss or even to being a boss at all. Respect people, do good work and be a team player - that's kind of it. Her workplace life lessons also translate into life life lessons. It's all really very simple and her attitude towards everything is pretty refreshing.

The behind the scenes stories of people she worked with at SNL and 30 Rock are really neat as well. As someone who's an avid celeb gossip follower, reading about Will Ferrell and Amy Poehler's everyday antics on the set was really fun to read.

This book made me literally laugh out loud but it also made me think a lot and I very highly recommend this book.

Overall Rating: 5 of 5 stars


Coming Up Next: I'm not really sure.
Here's what I have on my Kindle: 
- The Day the Falls Stood Still by Cathy Marie Buchanan
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (my attempt to see if some of these classics are better now than they were in high school)
- World Without End by Ken Follett
- A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick

No comments:

Post a Comment