10.25.2011

Dear Amanda,

Dear Amanda,
Was that book and movie review blog post really from you? I don't believe it.
Sincerely,
It's About Damn Time


Dear Time,
Yes it was really me! I know it's been forever but hopefully you can forgive me. Work has been incredibly stressful and busy and I just needed to step away for a bit. This blog stopped being important. If I'm being completely honest, I thought about walking away. I felt like it didn't have a purpose or a coherent meaning or direction. Also I didn't have Internet in my apartment. But I do now! And I feel better about coming back to writing a little something every once in a while. So here I am.

Dear Amanda,
I thought I saw something about you getting a new TV.  Does this mean you're going to have a grownup apartment now?
Sincerely,
Get It Together


Dear GIT,
That's true too! For my birthday earlier this month, my parents chipped in some money for me to put towards a TV even though my dad thinks it should go towards new tires. Yeah right dad. So yes I am on the quest for a new TV! All suggestions on brands, sizes, and best places to buy are welcomed and encouraged.

And yes, the TV is going to be a first step towards what I hope will be a new and improved apartment. I'm in makeover mode and I've been able to find some cheap, hopefully easy do-it-yourself projects that can help spruce things up a bit.

Dear Amanda,
Have you been looking at cooking websites too? I'm loving this new you!
From,
Work It Girl


Well thanks Work It! Yes I'm going to be trying to learn how to cook too. I'm recently obsessed with the crock pot/slow cooker and not gonna lie, I may ask for a newer one for Christmas. I've found some great websites with some really easy recipes that I feel like I can't even screw up. This is part of the whole makeover thing I'm going for. It's time people.

Dear Amanda,
So which direction is the blog going to be taking? Does this mean no more celeb gossip updates or rants about the bikers in Davis?
Sincerely,
Confused


Honestly Confused, I don't really know. I don't know how frequently I'll write or if there will be any kind of cohesive direction. I might give it a theme, I might keep doing what I'm doing. Maybe in a week or a month or six months from now I'm just over it. I honestly don't know. But I think that's what makes this blog my own. It'll be there for me to go back to when I need to and if it's time to move on, I'm sure it will understand. There's probably some big metaphor here for how the blog doesn't have a direction and neither do I in life or something. Well if that's the case, I'm doing just fine and so I bet this blog will do fine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment